As mentioned in my previous post, the new Download Monitor plugin will be making full use of custom post types making legacy data unusable. To help with this I’ve created a new Legacy Importer plugin which will:
- Find old downloads/meta/tags/categories
- Convert them to the new format
- If left enabled, map shortcodes referencing the legacy IDs to the new download IDs.
It will not:
- Prevent conflicts between old and new IDs. It is recommended that you update the old shortcodes to the new IDs as soon as you can.
- Import logs and custom formats (custom formats of course are gone in this version in favour of template files).
- Delete the old tables. You can do this manually,
You can find the beta for this new legacy importer on github for now. It will be placed on WordPress.org once complete.